Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What'd I miss?

The last two classes I missed, and so I tried to catch up over the weekend which just so happened to be thanksgiving...so happy belated Thanksgiving!!
I looked up in more detail Carol Gilligan and her thoughts on moral development. I found her theory and ideas very interesting and she has managed to stick out in my mind. She found Kohlbergs theory to be biased and sexist. He only used males in his studies. The vital flaw with this testing is the key fact that boys and girl develop differently and at different rates. You see it in kindergarden, right up to the end of high school.  Kids play differently, act differently, and make their decisions differently. Therefore develop differently in many ways. Of course they do have similarities in several areas as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment