Sunday, October 16, 2011

Midterm Approaching!

With the midterm edging closer and closer, its crazy to think that its already that time, and daunting to think of the midterm itself.  We are all heading of the direction of being teachers ourselves and right now are very much still students. Not quite 'wearing the teacher cap'... still worrying about deadlines, projects, exams, etc, but I got thinking to myself about this.

 But we never really finish being a student throughout our whole life. Hopefully we are aiming to be life long learners, therefore lifelong students. Even when I become a teacher I will be learning new material everyday, having deadlines, meeting new faces and trying to understand them, and so. So even if we aren't intending on being life long learners, I guess it happens anyways, I think the best thing to do then is to embrace it.

Embrace the challenges of being a continual learner and what it takes to do if effectively. I'm sure we've all been around a person who hasn't necessarily embraced this...Pride surprisingly and negativeity can get in the way without really noticing it. Lifelong learning is admitting we're wrong, when we are wrong; saying sorry when we've done something wrong; going the extra mile, even when we are exhausted; its awesome( for lack of another word) what happens when this happens. My grandma was an excellent example of this.

There I go rambling on and on, back to the books for me!! Study! Study! Study!

No comments:

Post a Comment